Monday, January 31, 2022

U.S. Supreme Court

The Supreme Court is a key part to our government's system and structure and always has been. While I have already learned so much about the Supreme Court throughout my lifetime there is still a surprising amount of information I was unaware of. To start off, I was unaware that when the Supreme Court was established in 1789, it gave Congress the power to create inferior federal courts. This is something that I never thought of as I never researched the beginning of the Supreme Court. Another piece fo information about the Supreme Court that I was unaware of was that the justices were required to hold circuit court twice a year and within each judicial court as well. At the time travel methods were very difficulty so I cannot image how difficult this must be and see why it was abolished after 100 years. I believe the most important take away from what I learned about the Supreme Court is just how long it has been around. and how it has stayed relevant to this day. From the very beginning the Supreme Court ruled the justice system and this proves that it is just as effective as it has always been. I believe the most surprising thing I had learned was about the first every court case. The fact that it was a simple case between a farmer and a family he had owed debt to shows that no matter the situation, big or small, the supreme court will take care of it. My thoughts for the Supreme Court have not changed too much. The only thing. that is now different for me is I have a lot more respect because of how long it has stayed relevant. Overall. I never viewed the history of the Court and found it very intriguing to see just how long these decision have been being made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship With Technology

      There is no doubt that at my current age, 19 years old, I am at the center of the population engulfed in technology. My generation has...